How to overcome the post-vacation syndrome?
After days of relax, for most of us, it is really hard to get back to work and feel full of energy, so in this article we will show you how to overcome the post-vacation syndrome and start again positively.
“Vacations are important so you can release all of the stress and fill your body and mind with positive thoughts and energy, so once you are back, you can start fresh and with new ideas to help your company improving”, said Salomon Juan Marcos Villarreal, president of Grupo Denim, about this topic.
Here are some tips that will help you overcoming the post-vacation syndrome:
- Set new goals – Once you are back from vacations, it is time to entirely focusing on your business, start by setting new goals and making action plans that will lead you to them, this will make your brain to forget a little bit about your rest, but your body will still be full of energy.
- Plan your next trip – On of the reasons that cause the post-vacation syndrome is that sensation of planning something for months that ends up in a few days, so planning your next trip can help you overcoming that little depression and keep you positive.
- Get your working space organized – Many of us come back from vacations just to see a desk filled with paperwork and an excessively long “to do” list. Before you start working, take a few hours to get your working space organized, this will help you getting rid of the overwhelming sensation of having much to do.
- Make a to do list – This will help you feel more organized and positive every time you start crossing out something that has already been done.
“It is important to rest as much as possible during vacations, so you can go back full of energy and a positive attitude to start focusing on your business once you return to the office”, added Salomon Juan Marcos Villarreal.
How to deal with a complicated boss?
As an entrepreneur, you would want to have strong leaders that can help you carrying the company where you want it to be; however, it is very common to choose some persons as managers that will eventually become complicated to work with, or if you are a worker having a real hard time with your boss, in both cases this article is for you as we will show you how to deal with it.
“In Grupo Denim, we work as a team, and we try to create a great and healthy working environment, so everyone within the company can feel comfortable to become part of the group”, said Salomon Juan Marcos Villarreal, president of this company and a Mexican entrepreneur.
If you ever have to deal with a problematic boss, here it is what you have to do:
- It is important to create a friendly environment at the work, but that does not mean that workers should mix personal and professional issues within their jobs. A bad boss makes friends at work and has difficult times trying to be strong to their subordinate or constantly postpone firing a person, even if it is absolutely necessary. So make sure the members of your company understand the difference between being friends out of the work and trying to take the friendship to it.
- A boss should be able to become a leader and inspire a person to become better. A bad boss is the one who pays attention to small errors, rather than congratulate an employee for a hard work done. In order to deal with him, ask for him help to review your job constantly, this way you will avoid him returning a 20 page report for missing a comma.
- If your company has a boss with brilliant employees that can contribute with their ideas to improve the productivity, make sure he is good enough to promote those ideas and speak for his subordinates.
“Grupo Denim has been growing over the last years mainly because it is composed by a group of compromised leaders who have been part of this company during ages, working hard every day to make the company improve and become more productive”, added Salomon Juan Marcos Villarreal.